Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 12, 2012

Hey so this week we got changes, but I’m staying! The bad news is that my companion is going home, as in he has finished the mission. A little bit sad but oh well. My new companion is Elder Traconis, from San Diego California. He’s got two changes less than me so we are almost the same, and he says hi. It’s been another good week. I can’t believe how crazy things are in the mission. There are so many things that happen, and now the days aren’t long at all, the weeks seem like they are jam packed. This week I had two conferences. First was a conference of just zone leaders. It was super cool. We had a few problems of things to change (new rule in the mission is that we can’t go on a diet, don’t think that will be a problem). But it’s always good because our president knows a lot. Then the next day we had a lesson about the 8 fundamentals principles of teaching (if that sounds broken, that’s because I translated it I’m not sure if it’s right.) Any who, it was a pretty good training, it was fun to go around with some of the elders in the zone. Then on Thursday we had a normal day of work. Friday we had a meeting in the morning with the district leaders to pass them the new things in the zone. I got to talk about real growth in the zone. It was good. But I’ll talk about that at the end. I felt the spirit super strong. Then on Saturday, we did exchanges. We had two kids that showed up and they wanted to work with us (things that my companion had set up that I had no idea of.) Then after, we found out that they weren’t sixteen! Oh man ,now what? So we got a few things set up and we did some splits and a few other things. Then we went with a councilor of the bishop to look for a few inactive. Then Sunday was a bunch of parties for my comps farewell. One of the funny ones was this week; we found a kitten that was wet in a park. We felt bad so we took it home to try to find it a place to live. We ended up giving it to a sister that now has 19 cats! She really likes them.
Well, I know this is the Lord’s work and it’s not just the Lord’s work to baptize. It’s the Lord’s work to bring them to Christ. Sometimes we get a little bit confused between the two, but the aim shouldn’t be in the water, it should be in the Celestial Kingdom. We are here to invite others to come unto Christ and He lives there.
Con Amor,
Elder Mackay

No comments:

Post a Comment