Saturday, October 2, 2010

October 1, 2010

Oct 1, 2010
Hey,
So these computers are being weird. They keep freezing on us so it’s really difficult to keep writing. One of the biggest highlights this week is Choir practice. Even just singing, words have stuck out to me and resounded in my soul. Words like "CHOSEN 'ere to witness" or "God our strength will be". It’s going to be a way cool experience. One of the things the choir directors wanted us to do is to sing well, but have it be accompanied by the testimony in our faces. They eyes and the conviction we sing with are as strong and as powerful as the words we say.
Another thing that me and my companion do is English fasts. This is where we get only speak Spanish. It’s hard and I don't know how to say a lot, but by the end I start thinking in Spanish. We tried to do one as a district but we couldn't answer the questions the teachers had for us. Me and my companion only do it when we don’t' have a teacher. It’s way cool though. Last night in companionship study my companion and I practiced teaching in Spanish. We did the first lesson even though that’s not till next week. I'm not fluent of course but its coming.
Another "blessing" is that the gym is open and we get to play basketball. Its way fun and I try to not get too completive.
Another crazy is going on, there's another district in our zone leaving. When they leave, we'll be the second oldest. Oh yeah, I’m halfway through the MTC! It’s crazy. I’ve learned a lot in Spanish and like how to better teach, but I still have a long ways to go. As soon as you can mom I’d like to know about my camera. Also what about the pictures that we took for family reunion? I know I don't need a ton of pictures but it'd sure be nice to "see you guys". Ah this is such an amazing place. I’ve never been where there are so many people exactly my age and exactly the same reason for being here. Yeah, I went to college and school and stuff, but this is different. We are set apart; chosen by divine command. Through out this week I have come to know that I’m not an average person in this world. Of all the people in the world, I have been chosen and recommended as one worthy to teach the people in the world. I know that this will be rough but what a rewarding work. Whenever I hear stories from my teachers I get excited and think that'll be me in a few weeks. Another tradition we have is singing "Para siempre Dios este con vos" (God be with you till we meet again) to the districts that are leaving. Its a pretty cool to sing to my bro's. One day instead of being in the choir, I will be the one of the ones being sung to. I just wonder what everything is going to be like. I hope that I can fulfill my purpose.
One last thing was devotional this week. The speaker talked about, "the rock cut out of the mountain without hands. And it grew until it covered the whole earth". Pretty cool talk and to know that I am part of that growing process is even better. Can't wait for tomorrow! Going to be so neat (and nice to get out of the "fence").
Hope to hear from all of you asap
Con amor
Elder Mackay

No comments:

Post a Comment