Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 22, 2010

October 22, 2010

Hola familia!
So... this is crazy but I only got like ten more days! (We’re not even thinking about not going on time). I feel like we've been here two weeks! not two months! One of the highlights of the week was our Tuesday devotional. It was Russell M. Nelson! The other cool thing was that me and my companion were offered (and obviously took) front row seats! it was so cool. I don't think he had a talk or anything prepared. He just came up there with his scriptures. I tried to take notes but I’m sure I missed some. One of the things that I liked was his humility. I know that kind of sounds corny but it’s true. He said he'd rather talk with each one of us, learn about our families and hear our testimony. How crazy is that! One of the quotes I can remember is, "It is better to have character than to be one."
As far as visa stuff goes we don't know much. We might get travel plans today but even if we do get them, they might get canceled. We went down to the travel office to talk to him and asked about it. He said that if we're lucky we'd get our visas the Friday before we leave. Kind of cutting it a little close I’d say. So if we get travel papers and no visa, the church will just cancel our flight plans. they do that so that they make sure that we get a seat on the plane. Me and my companion "KNOW" we are going but some of the other guys in our district aren't to sure. This morning (because it was p-day) we got to go to the temple. We did initiatory and had some extra time. We went down into the basement and helped out with laundry. It was super fun! I just love the guys here. It’s almost not fair that I have to leave so soon. That’s another reason why if I get delayed I’m not going to be super angry, I just want to stay here and not get re assigned. It’s super great here. One of the things that I love the most is bearing testimony especially about the atonement. here's a brief over view of it
"porque de el Caída, tenemos la habilidad pecar. aveses vida esta muy dificil, pero otro tiempos esta bien. Acemos decisiones bueno y setimos bien en estes tiempos. Otro tiempos no mucho. pecaramos. DyC 1 versiculo 31. 2 Nefi 9 versiculo 7 por medio 9. tengo mucho errors en mi vida. Estoy no cerca perfecto, no casi perfecto. 2 Nefi 4 versiculo 17, tambian Alma capitulo 36 versiculo 12. Escucha la palabras de nuestro Harmano. DyC 45 versiculo 3 por medio 6. tengo muchos gracias por Él. Sin the expacion, no podems hacer cualquier cosa. ¨O Dulche el gozo este oración da, Yo sé que mi Salvador vive!"
Not that I’m complaining but I didn't get a whole lot of mail these past two weeks. I wanna hear how everyone is doing. It's my last real week here so after this I won't get Dear elders. Make sure that you use it! I want to get one last letter from ALL of you, please?
hasta nos vemos
Elder Mackay
para siempre Dios este con vose

No comments:

Post a Comment