Saturday, November 20, 2010

November 19,2010

November 19, 2010
So this week has been just a roller coaster! Monday was kind of a rough day. My roommates that I’ve had for nine weeks left that morning. They are headed to Paraguay. Then a new district came in and I had to say goodbye to one of my teachers. The next day I had to say goodbye to my other teacher. They have to go in order of when we were supposed to leave so our teachers were up next. We moved just next door, but it was still hard. Then Tuesday was devotional. It was good, but kind of presented in a funny way. He was super intense about not trying to do, but just do. For some of the new district, that was hard for them to hear. They didn't realize that they are doing all they can.
So then the really crazy stuff happens. We went to a temple session on Wednesday morning. When we came out some of us went to go pick up our backpacks from the residence and some already had their stuff in the class room. While we were in the residence, the elders that just went to class had said that our district had been called to the travel office. As soon as we could, we booked it to the travel office to see what the news was. When we got there, only the elders in our district that were going to Tuxtla Gutierrez were going to the consulate. It was depressing. Then about two hours later, the other half of us got called up! We were going to be leaving for the consulate at about one fifteen. We went there and did papers and everything. Another surprise is that we got roommates when we were told that we weren't going to. They are good kids and all, but it just made me miss my old ones all the more. So yesterday my companion is on a table outside, enjoying a little bit of warmer weather while we are doing companion study when he taps on my shoulder and runs inside. I was reading my Spanish ‘Preach my Gospel’ so it was super hard to focus on anything else. I jumped up and followed him. Over the loud speaker in the room they said, "Is this Elder Calvert? Can we get you to come down the travel office and also bring with you Elder Fuller, Mackay,... our whole district! This time we didn't even wait for everyone we just told them what was going on as we ran past them. We went there and got TRAVEL PLANS! I’m leaving on Tuesday. so I don't know if I’ll get the package that you talked about and I’m pretty sure that I’m not going to get the camera. I talked to one of the guys in my district and whenever I would use my camera to take a picture with someone, he'll lend me his, and email them to me later. It’s going to be crazy! Three days ago I had no idea what was going on and I'm leaving in four! Another cool thing is that I got a phone pass for five minutes to use at the MTC. I want to call to Montana on Sunday at 9:00 pm if that’s alright with everyone. Also a little tidbit of news I'm going to be in the airport for a while and I get to call to who ever and where ever I want! I don't know a whole lot of phone numbers, but we'll see what we can do. I'm going to be in the airport from about ten to twelve, then in the Houston airport from four to seven.
The day is finally here! I'm going to go to Mexico and see real people and be totally confused because I can't understand them, but it’s going to be great! I'm going to see ginormous bugs! I'm going to get fried! I'm going to eat some really hot Mexican food! I'm going to get a different companion (not that I'm having any problems with the one I have now)! I'M GOING TO MEXICO! Just in case you didn't catch that. Hopefully all is well back home. I'm just a little bit crazed. Everyone who reads this, if you send a dear elder right away I’ll get it on Monday before I leave. Hope to hear from you all.
Para Siempre Dios Este Con Vos
Elder Mackay

No comments:

Post a Comment