Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 21, 2011

February 21, 2011

Well this week was a little uneventful compared to last week. Elder Brixey started not feeling well on Tuesday with a really bad head ache. We called the mission president’s wife (she’s like the mission nurse) and she said call the doctor and give Elder Brixey a blessing. We did both. On Wednesday morning at 4:30 he threw up everything that was in his stomach, then a little bit of blood too. We got really worried then and decided that as soon as we could we would go to the hospital. When we finally got there we found out that he had the flu with a stomach infection (or something like that), I’m not really sure what happened. Anyway, we were stuck in the house for a long time this week. It was kind of nice though to study and just think things through. We had a lot of help from a member. Also a really cool thing that we had this week was a baptism! Her name is Areceli and she is the first baptism out of Telchaquillo. She is a mom with two kids. She was really an interesting lady because she took everything in really well. Usually an investigator
needs to hear things more than once and then sometimes they forget their commitments. She was really sharp and had a little hitch with the Word of Wisdom (coffee) but threw it out the day
we taught it to her. We did the ordinance on Saturday and I was able to do the ordinance. I will never forget her big smile right after she came out of the water. Then on Sunday we did divisions and I went to Telchaquillo with a kid. There we confirmed and the president of the group (still isn’t a branch yet) asked me to bear my testimony. Who would have thought that a
19 year old kid would stand up and give a ten minute testimony in another language and impromptu? I was also the last to speak there. It’s such a neat little place. Afterwards, we left to come back home. Not a whole lot from this week. Oh yeah I got my package! Remember mom how I tried to eat the picante ramen at home that one time and I 'chilied' myself? Well I ate the
other one and I thought it tasted pretty good. I think I got everything. I’ve taken a lot of pictures recently too. Its way nice to use it again. Well gotta run. I’ll attach some pictures!
Elder Mackay


Pictures from Areceli's baptism and the group in Telchaquillo.















2/14/2011
Well another week down. Man I can’t believe it’s almost six months already! I just barely got
started! But this week was a really good week. We worked hard to get and find people. Tuesday was pretty frustrating. We had a lot of appointments and things planned through. It was really a long and discouraging day but that’s a good thing. We went with President one day to our little pueblo. He said that the greater the opposition, the greater the blessings will be after if we
remain faithful. It’s nice to have hard days when you think of it that way. The harder the day, the better the blessings later on! Any way, in Telchaquillo we are progressing! We have a lady living about five kilometers from Telchaquillo. This week we had to ride some bikes (which was an adventure) but she’s really excited for her baptism. She even asked if she could bring her husband to the baptismal service! Claro que sí (of course!). Anyway she’s really cool. In Kanasin
we still have some new investigators. One of the old elders came here for divisions and he was already in this area before. He gave us a lot of sweet references and we had six people in the chapel this week for sacrament meeting! That’s pretty sweet and it makes the hard work in the
week worth it. While he was here in our area, I went to an area with a zone leader. He’s a pretty cool guy. It was a long day though. A girl didn’t accept her baptismal date, none of the members could come with us to a lesson, we had a baptismal service of another area that people promised that they were going to go to that didn’t show up and one of the couples is starting to doubt if
they want to get married. That was the hardest lesson of all. There was a pretty good dose of the Spirit in that lesson. I did a lot of promising. One that I never will forget is that I said, “I promise by the name I wear on my shirt that getting married will bring you two blessings” Also the wife tried to say that they didn’t have enough money but the husband said they did (the wife is the
one doubting). My companion said that if you only have enough money to pay for one, pay to get married and you will have enough money to pay for your food. At the end of a day I could tell that my companion was pretty down from the whole day. I pulled out Preach My Gospel (after a “little feeling”) and I read him the part about a missionary of success. It doesn’t matter how hard you work or how much you do, there are some people who are still going to reject your message.
Your success depends primarily on your dedication to work and preach the gospel with all your heart, might, mind and strength to bring souls unto Christ. That was a little comforting to all of us. Also this week we had a zone conference. I don’t have any pictures of this one, but I got to see Elder Calvert (my first companion). He said he was really struggling but now he’s got a hold
of it. I also saw some newbies who couldn’t speak Spanish very well. That made me feel like I had learned a lot. We just got to tackle this week with everything we got!
So just want you to know that I think about you a lot and that I’ve enclosed some pictures.
The standard of truth has been erected. And no unhallowed hand can stop the work from

progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth nobly, boldly, and independently until it has visited every country, swept every clime and sounded in every ear. Till the great Jehovah shall say the work is done (for me in this aspect about eighteen more months.)
Until Next week!



The pictures mean this:
The dinner plate picture is our normal type of food here. Here there is the equivalent of a fast food restaurant. For lunch the members give us a pretty good sized meal (lunch is the biggest meal in Mexico, not dinner). When the members are too busy during the day, or don’t ever have an adult male in the house they pay this lady and we eat at her place. Usually we eat outside on a little table but this time we were inside.
The pig is a wild pig from the ‘forest’ that they have here (here it’s called Monte).
Road sign to Telchaquillo
My wrist wihout my watch to show my suntan
The building with a rock wall in front of it is where the people from Telchaquillo go to meet. The attendance for there is between 20 and 30 usually. No bathroom and about 30 electrical sockets.












No comments:

Post a Comment