Monday, December 12, 2011

November 28 and December 5, 2011

December 5, 2011
Well it seems like it has been a really long week and that a ton has happened. It wasn’t a long week as far as in bad long, just long as in a lot happening. This week I also grew a week closer to the end. It’s crazy to see how much is left. I don’t like it.
To start out, I got the Christmas package this week! (I figured if I wasn’t supposed to open it, it would say something like on my birthday package). Well, I’m wearing one of the new shirts right now. It’s really nice to see how white a new shirt is or can be. Also I got the new watch on. One of the new features that I like is that is the timer. Apart I really like the peppers! It’s about a six or so on the scale mom. It reminds me a lot of nacho cheese. It is what I use to stay awake in my personal studies.
The biggest thing that happened this week was the baptism of Pati. One of the big lessons that we had to finish off the week was the Law of Chastity. My companion and I had it planned out really well and we knew exactly what we were going to say. It can be a little bit awkward trying to teach this lesson to a fifteen year old girl but it turned out being a really strong lesson and it helped her see the reason why. I had the opportunity to baptize her too. I got to use the new pants and tie. It felt good to put on that white clothes again. She was super happy and right after she talked about getting the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was really cool to know that she understood. Also she really wanted to start the process of getting baptized when she saw a baptism before. Now she finally knows what it feels like. It was good.
The big thing this week is a family that we are going to work on. There are three kids and a mom on one side, but the other side is a dad and his son from another woman. We are teaching a few lessons there because there are different levels of what people need. We haven’t really been able to talk to the dad much. He’s not super excited about it yet, but the kids are. I think I talked about it last week when I talked about how we had a lesson with a young girl and four other kids. It’s a crazy deal trying to get everything done. But we are getting there.
Well it’s all cool. This week I had an interesting spiritual experience. We got into a house and we had a talk with a lady. She wasn’t super crazy into it, but trusted us enough. We asked her what was a question that she wanted to know about life. She wanted to know about how come things had to be so hard for little children. I talked to her about how sometimes, we don’t understand why things are so hard. But, they do have good endings if we do what we are asked. I talked about how it was sad how my new niece was born basically without a mother. And also how come she had to end up in an orphanage where there isn’t any food. Why did it have to be so hard for her. Well, it had to be like that so that my brother and sister could make her a part of the family. If it wasn’t for that what she had to go through, she wouldn’t be a part of the family. I would rather that she had to go through it.
Con amor a todos.
Elder Mackay


November 28, 2011
What a crazy week! It’s been long because we have been in the wheelchair the whole week, but it’s had its rewards. One is that we have found some really cool people to teach. Two is that we have been able to see the progression on my companion’s foot and three is that I don’t have any trouble falling asleep at nights. Although twice I have accidentally woken up in the night thinking that it was already six. I pray and then make sure that my companion is up. When he’s not up I wonder why and go over there to wake him up. On second look at a clock, I realize that it’s about one in the morning and I roll back into my hammock. We just laugh though. This week has been interesting to see how we have managed to get along; its part of the enduring. We are getting where we want to go, things are just taking us a little longer with the chair (I started to write in Spanish right there).
This week we have a cool story. We are teaching a family of four (named Dauri the mom, Alexis the oldest daughter, Yael a boy and Hemli the youngest daughter). Every time we go over there the kids get more and more excited. The last time we went over there, there were Alexis and four kids under the age of 10! It was a really cool lesson though. And when we finished the lesson, every one of them prayed! We came out of that lesson so happy and content. Also that same day we found a lady and her neighbor that we contacted (well actually they contacted us) in the street. It was a cool lesson and we set a baptismal date. The lady that had contacted us is already been baptized we haven’t been able to find her records. They show a lot of potential and could be a sweet story, but they didn’t go to church. The member is doing a great job of inviting all her neighbors to listen to us.
We have a baptism this week! Her name is Pati. She is ready, we just need to finish two more commandments and then everything is set. It’s been really nice to have someone almost ready for my “son” to practice on. We really enjoy because she never has objections. Everything is going well with her.
The other important people that we are teaching is a lady named Claudia. I have already talked about her but it is always fun to teach them. They get really frustrated and depressed when they try their hardest all week and don’t find work. It’s nice though to remember that story when I couldn’t find work. Remember that day mom when I was looking for work and I couldn’t find it and I wanted to throw in the towel? Well, I now know why I had to pass it. So that when people in the mission would be passing through that same trial, I could look them in the eye and pass them that same counsel. Do you remember mom? I sure do.
Well this week has come to an end. I remember the first day that I pushed my companion the whole day in the chair. I came back and I had a purple spot on each hand. It was from the pushing the wheel chair and it had marked my hand. Not to mention that I could hardly feel my legs and that my whole body was sweating (I had just pushed my companion for about 20 blocks). But then I realized that this is what I came to the mission for. I came to struggle and to give it my all. I am so grateful for this opportunity to learn and grow and I say to all who have an exhausted soul or mind: this is what we came to earth to do. We knew it was going to be hard, but we came to earth to grow. We will look back on these experiences with a great smile saying, “Good thing I passed that, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to pass the next trial.” Or, “Good thing I passed that because I learned that…” these are for our benefit and this is what our Heavenly Father knows we need.
Con Amor
Elder Mackay

No comments:

Post a Comment