Monday, January 23, 2012

January 16, 2012

   January 16, 2012
Well another week down. It’s been pretty boring as far as crazy things that have happened.
This week we worked hard and we had a Little progress. We were going to have a baptism this past week but it didn’t work out. It is a lady named Ailet. She is 17 and is really smart. It’s fun to teach because she feels the difference and she understands just about everything. She is reading the Book of Mormon every day too so it’s going to be a nice Saturday.
With Sindulfo it’s been pretty crazy but we are getting there. We had the law of chastity talk and we found out that he and the woman he is living with aren’t married. That wouldn’t be such a problem because the missionaries here are experts in getting people married. The problem is he was married to someone else before and she lives on the other side of the country. Now we have to see how we are going to do it.
One of the cool things that happened this week was when we contacted a reference. We sat down and they already knew who we were. They started talking and we got on the subject of baptism. They are Catholics but admitted that it was only by tradition. We talked some more and the wife asked, “Well how do I know which baptism to take?” We prayed in that minute and they both said that they felt a peace. It was really exciting to see it all happened. Afterwards, their daughter had a baby shower then later the husband didn’t show up after work. But the cool thing is that if we could get this whole family together going, it could be eight baptisms or so and the parents have already accepted.
This week I got to try some new food. It was pure sea food. There were shrimp, octopus and I think it was clam or something like that. It might have been snails but I wasn’t sure and I didn’t want to ask. I talked earlier too how my companion was training me to be a goalie, well… an elder in the mission got hurt playing soccer so now nobody in the mission can play soccer L we both almost cried but not really. Speaking of my companion it’s his birthday on Sunday. Any ideas what I should do? I’ll see if I can get him something on Monday. Or maybe I’ll give him a tie. Last count I did I had thirty ties! I think I left home with about half that. How did I get so many?
I did have a pretty cool experience for the spiritual thought this week. For more than the past year in all of my personal studies, I have been studying the Book of Mormon and I have been analyzing and writing something down for every verse. This Sunday I finished everything. I felt so energized and now I could say to everyone as I now say it that I know with a surety that I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that because I have studied every verse and I can’t find any errors. I have learned from this book so much. I have been able to understand more fully that Jesus is the Christ and that what I need to do to be happy is to follow his teachings. Anyone who says that isn’t true or that it’s just a bunch of gibberish I would challenge: have you read the Book of Mormon? Have you studied and pondered every verse? If not, you have no room to speak because you do not know of what you speak. After you have lead it once or twice and if you still are in a disagreement then we can have a talk. I challenge all who have the least part of doubt or the least part of yourself that wants to challenge the truthfulness, I challenge you to read it. Until you do so, you will not know the truth.
Con Amor, y siempre tuyo,
(With Love and Forever Yours,)
Elder Mackay



No comments:

Post a Comment