Monday, September 3, 2012

August 27, 2012 and September 3, 2012

                                                                                          August 27, 2012
So it was a good week. I so want to send photos and stuff like that but for some reason, the computers don’t like me… then I thought, “Huh guess I can wait two weeks… WHAT!” My companion keeps telling people that I’m going home soon and so then they ask me when I’m headed. I don’t know how to tell them anymore. It’s crazy,
So to do a little bit of story sharing, after I wrote on Monday an Elder accidentally put his finger in an overhead fan (in Mexico, they are metal and a little bit more wicked looking). Anyway so after I got to go to the hospital, and spend the night with him (the responsibility side of being a zone leader fun fun). The bed was ok, except for the fact that it wasn’t sized for me; my feet were hanging off the end. Fun night and morning.
So any who… this week was good we had a baptism on Wednesday. It was a nephew of the bishop so it was good. We didn’t have to worry about the program at all, just the baptismal font. Everything went good. Eduardo, (the kid who got baptized) was super excited. Everything worked out well.
As far as investigators go we got a few that are cool. We have one that was going to get baptized last week, but didn’t show up until yesterday (Luis). He brought his girlfriend from Puebla and it was interesting. We were talking with her and she said that the first thing that she wanted to do was start a family. Luis looked at me with a look like “I told you so.” We were really worried if he was going to be coming back. So that’s the news for this week.
Apart from that, we have a kid that is super cool (Geovani). He’s going to get baptized a week after I leave (what I’m leaving? When?). He has some super awesome questions. He is super excited about starting life over. Alexis has set a really good example of how to change things around. He went to church and the activities by himself this week!
Another one that we found that is pretty interesting. I think I talked about her a while ago. Her name is Goreti. She went to church one time out of the middle of nowhere, then the next day we taught her then she vanished to Cancun. Then we got a reference to go to an address. When I got there I said, “Hey I remember this place!” She has changed a few more things and is super excited for baptism (she was waiting to go to church half an hour before it started).
Well that’s about it. There’s not much more to talk about. I’m just trying to suck all the juice I can out of the mission. This has been the greatest experience of my life. I understand now how to live. I can’t imagine what life would be like without the mission. I can’t remember what life was like before the mission. But I am excited to access the rest of my future.
Con Amor,
Elder Mackay
September 3, 2012
Its over!!!! I can’t believe it. For the past 15 years or so, my dream has always been to come down the stairs of the airport as an honorable returned missionary and I am on the way home!
There’s really not much to talk about. I’ll talk when I get home; the biggest thing is I want to bear my testimony that this work is real! I can’t count how many times I have sat down in a lesson and testified of so many things. I know and relied so much on one day in specific. I kneeled down and I prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true. I remember the feeling and the exact spot of everything. I was beside my bed in the new house four years ago. I knew that it was true. Later, because of this I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God. Because of this, I know that what he taught was true. Therefore, because the church was restored, the church had previously been lost. Continuing, because the church was lost, this is the only true Church. A reformation of what was left behind would not have been enough. There was no authority left. Therefore, because I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, I know that his successors are prophets as well. This fact shows that this church receives revelation today. Because God will not do anything in the world unless it be through his prophets. With prophets comes the authority of the priesthood, or in other words, the authority to act in God’s name to perform ordinances; such as baptism.
I testify that Jesus is the Christ, and that he has made an infinite atonement. I know that he has paid the price so that all mankind may dwell in the presence of God. I know that a person has to believe that and act in accordance with that belief. The act that is so key in it is to repent, for no man may enter into the kingdom of God in his fallen state. And the first thing anyone who has really repented after realizing how many errors they have done is the desire to clean up everything that they have done before. This is done through the gate of baptism, by water and by spirit. The second part is indispensable because if there was no way of purifying us after making this covenant, there would be no purpose in making it.  And in order for these things to be of any worth after death, a man must keep in this path his whole life. This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I testify of it and I have been testifying of it for the past two years, and I will testify of it for the rest of my life here on earth.
Con Amor,
Elder Mackay

No comments:

Post a Comment