Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 14, 2012



May 14, 2012
Well I don’t have much more to say.
For those of you who weren’t on the phone, it’s been a fun week! We’ve been super busy with everything. I did divisions three times this week and had a zone conference apart from it. Man I don’t even know what to talk about - everything is good. Today we got our hair cut, we played basketball and baseball. We ate crepes. It’s just been a lot of fun. Elder Sosa and I get along really well (look mom after so many times of saying things backwards and speaking Spanish for two years almost, my English has improved!). But really it’s a blast. We have some sweet families here. The biggest thing that happened this week was we had a baptism! It was with a sister that isn’t super literate. Like she doesn’t know how to read, but she is pretty sweet. I was talking on the phone with everyone and the house where we teach her is like a referral mine. We have the goal to get everyone in that house to church. It’ll take some work but we’re getting there. Some drink, and smoke so we’ll see how things go.
If I didn’t mention in one of my last letters, we are covering three areas so it’s pretty crazy to get everything all done. We had to send some of our best investigators to another area because we found out that they live there. It was so sad but oh well. Maybe they’ll invite us to their baptismal service.
Really there’s not much to talk about.
Hey mom I need that information as soon as you can about the stake president as fast as you can. Preferably this week. Dad asked a while ago so I’ll spill the beans in case everyone doesn’t know the rest. I’ll be coming home on the sixth of September. That is really weird. I feel like I got a bit over a year maybe. I finally got figured out more or less what I’m doing. I guess that will be to keep me on my feet!
As a spiritual thought, I was watching a clip on the plan of salvation and how it answers a ton of questions that we have in the world today. They compared life to a three act play, the first act being the pre existence, the second act earth life and the third act being after life. The problem we aren’t just watching the play, we are in it. Many times we see injustices in life that we don’t understand when the “and they lived happily forever and ever” part comes in. That’s because we are only focusing on the second act. There is so much more to this life than what we see here in the world. We shouldn’t expect to know everything, but we can study the scriptures and have faith that everything will be fixed. Our judge is perfect and not one injustice will pass by Him. All things are within his view and when we stand to be judged in the third act, every good or bad deed will be complete in consequence.
Con Amor,
Elder Mackay



No comments:

Post a Comment