Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012

Well it's been a crazy week! I can't believe that I’m going to have a month in this area already. It feels like I just barely got here. We had a cool things happen this week, I'll try to hit the highlights.
Well first, on Monday after the district meeting (21st) we had a super sweet lesson. It was with a family and they were very tightly bound to their beliefs, but it was one of the strongest lessons we had. Everything felt guided. However, they said no to the baptismal invitation. It was super tight though. My companion and I were thinking about it when we came home and it was super intense. We'll try to see them again next week.
Other things were a few rain storms and a special training with president. It was for those missionaries that had 20 months or more. I thought, “What am I doing here?” Another cool thing is that there is a young adult that is getting ready to go on the mission. The elders before us reactivated him and now he goes to work with us almost every day. He wants to work so much that we bought him a “future missionary” badge.  
This week we also found a miracle. Last week I talked about how we had an activity and that we had a ton of references to contact. One of them was to go visit what would be like a little pawn shop (casa de empeña? Como se dice en ingles). Anyway it made me laugh a little bit, but I kept it in the stack. We were walking down the road and we just happened to pass by that specific store and its title called my attention. I remembered in a flash and we went back to go contact to it. We were looking for a young adult male but there was a woman working. We asked and she said that he didn't work there anymore and that he was her brother. We started talking to her and we realized how the Lord had set everything up. She had listened to the missionaries for three months in the states while her son had an operation, and she also already had the Book of Mormon. Later, we went back the next day and she was talking to one of her friends. The friend had also talked to missionaries before, and also had read a little bit of the Book of Mormon. It was pretty sweet and I understood again, how that this is the Lords work and not ours. It was the biggest story and the spiritual thought for the week
Sorry its short but I got to run to the food.
Love you!
Elder Mackay

No comments:

Post a Comment